A glimpse under the hood: the ceaseless activity of my mind.

08 September 2006

Aging

Officially, I’m growing older. Sure, by laws of the universe every second I’m alive counts as increasing age. What I’m really experiencing is the wearing out of my body. This is new to me: I’m finally feeling like I’m growing older. Gray hair, wrinkles, flab and my actual age don’t bother me. It’s the fact my joints are wearing out that is causing me to pause.

First, it was my knees. After years of jogging and hiking, they just can’t take it any more. More recently, I’ve caused my first shoulder injury. With my knees and shoulder, I’ve had two different doctors tell me it’s a result of my age and overuse of the joints. Age? I’m in my thirties. Overuse? I’m not a professional athlete.


Regardless, the simple fact remains that I’m currently on the injured list and can’t lift weights or perform strenuous activity involving my shoulder. My MRI is next week and then a follow up visit with the orthopedic doctor the week after next. I’m hoping it’s a quick fix, but the doc indicated it is probably something substantial. I’ll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Conner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:11 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy Conner said...

It double-posted me! Stupid internet connection...anyways, I can't help but notice that you don't have Amy's blog linked - that can't be good for your home life. (plus, it's a really good blog...I love reading it)

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Rob Bates said...

Virile dog. send me your email (mine's on my blog) and I'll send you the awesome "Are You Ready for the Summer" MP3.

Rob

10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home